Chicago Drug and Chemical

Since 1900

Facts about your Association

The Chicago Drug and Chemical Association originally was founded in 1900 as the Chicago Drug Trade Club. Today, the Association is represented by well over 350 Resident, Non-Resident, Retired and Honorary members from the drug, chemical, and allied industries.

To support and encourage chemical education the Chicago Drug and Chemical Association awards numerous scholarships and provides financial support to worthy educational groups. In addition, the Association annually grants several scholarships to children of its members.

A fine newsletter, published 4 times during the year, keeps members informed of current and future Association activities and of pertinent items concerning the members.

Activities during the year include 3 luncheon meetings which provide opportunities for socializing and networking among our members. Luncheons feature guest speakers and other programs which are timely and informative. In addition, the Association sponsors a Holiday Party, 3 golf outings, and several other special events. During the past year, over 4,000 members and their guests attended these functions, which supported our mission - fostering and promoting good will among our members.

Membership is limited in number, and is restricted to those persons of good standing, who are corporate executives, regional or district sales managers, purchasing managers, or who hold other responsible positions with reputable companies in, or closely related to, the drug and chemical industries. The Association accepts new members on the basis of their qualifications and member recommendations in accordance with our By-Laws.