Each year the CD&CA Education Committee awards scholarships to college or college-bound family members of active CD&CA members.
Below you will find the 2021 criteria and application procedures.
Submission Deadline: September 1, 2021
- Any child, stepchild, spouse, grandchild, niece, nephew or cousin of any CD&CA member.
- Members must be in good standing. (any category of membership)
- Applicant does not have to be attempting a degree in the sciences, it is open to any major.
- High school Seniors heading to an accredited college or university OR
- College Undergraduate (with a minimum one year remaining of undergraduate study) at an accredited college or university.
- Members can have more than one family member apply, however, only one winner can be awarded per member.
- Previous winners may apply.
Submitting an Application:
- Download and complete the form "2021 Education Scholarship Application" (below)
Include the following:
- High school and/or college transcripts (including Grade Point Average [GPA] with scale.)
- High School Students: Rank in class (if available) and your most recent ACT or SAT score
- A one (1) page essay on the applicant’s career plans after completing college.
- A list of extracurricular activities including community service, awards, and accomplishments
- Links to transcripts or ACT/SAT scores will not be accepted.
Scholarship(s) will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, activities, scores, and essay. Committee members may consider other qualifications as they see fit (but not nepotism or favoritism).
The Education Committee will award scholarships in October and present them to recipients at the Annual Meeting to be held on December 16th, 2021.
Submission Deadline: September 1st, 2021
Email submissions are preferred to: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
If you choose to mail:
Education Committee Chair
16901 Advantage Ave
Crest Hill, IL 60403