Each year the CD&CA Education Committee awards scholarships to college or college-bound family members of active CD&CA members.
Below you will find the 2022 criteria and application procedures.
Submission Deadline: September 1, 2022
- Any child, stepchild, spouse, grandchild, niece, nephew or cousin of any CD&CA member.
- Members must be in good standing. (any category of membership)
- Applicant does not have to be attempting a degree in the sciences, it is open to any major.
- High school Seniors heading to an accredited college or university OR
- College Undergraduate (with a minimum one year remaining of undergraduate study) at an accredited college or university.
- Members can have more than one family member apply, however, only one winner can be awarded per member.
- Previous winners may apply.
Submitting an Application:
- Please complete this Cover Page and submit it along with the following information:
- High school and/or college transcripts (including Grade Point Average [GPA] with scale.)
- High School Students: Rank in class (if available) and your most recent ACT or SAT score
- A one (1) page essay on the applicant’s career plans after completing college.
- A list of extracurricular activities including community service, awards, and accomplishments
- Note: Links to transcripts or ACT/SAT scores will not be accepted.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, activities, scores, and essay. Committee members may consider other qualifications as they see fit.
The Education Committee will award scholarships in September and present them to recipients at the Annual Meeting to be held on October 27th, 2022.
Email submissions by September 1, 2022
Megan Peboontom (Education Committee Chair) email@example.com
Please Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org